Playback Cassette Back Studio
From WEFT Wiki
You can broadcast sound from your computer, iPod, or any other device with a headphone port, by patching it through the cassette deck in the back studio. This technique has better output levels than the Playback Patch Bay Back Studio technique, where the output levels can only reach maybe 2/3 the normal output level.
To broadcast sound from a portable device by patching it through the cassette deck:
- Connect your computer or iPod to the "Input" section of cassette deck.
- Make sure the Output button is in. (Tells the cassette deck to output its input, rather than outputting sound from the tape.)
- Make sure the Input button is out (Tells the cassette deck that its input should come from the front)
- Make sure the OSC button is out (otherwise, the cassette deck just generates a sine wave)
- On the board, make sure that you have selected "Cassette" in the SEL 1 section (instead of DW-R). Make sure you have selected "SEL 1" on the buttons above the proper volume slider. Make sure you pressed the Green button below that volume slider. Make sure you turned the volume up. As always, make sure that the "PROG" button above that volume slider is depressed, so that the signal goes to the program so you can broadcast it.